Saturday, May 16, 2009

Leaving Midway


I haven't given the blog much time in the past week as I prepared to go home. It is amazing how much stuff can be accumulated in 3 months. My stash included rope and net from the debris pile for use in various craft projects. I also had borrowed books from friends, work and the library that had to be returned. I had snorkeling gear that had to be returned to the boathouse and many people to thank and tell goodbye. I had last pictures to take of new friends and addresses to be exchanged. I'm now on my way home. I'm in a hotel room in Waikiki after a 4 1/2 hour flight last night that ended about 3:50 a.m. so I'm moving a little slow today. It was a wonderful 3 months and I'm already scheming on how I can return. I found this graffiti scratched into a concrete project near the outer end of the breakwater. It seems an appropriate end!

1 comment:

  1. Gary,
    Thanks for sharing your adventure to Midway. Your photos are fantastic! Yes, it is a very special place, and we too want to make a return visit.
    If you ever get to the Midwest, give us a call.
    We hope you keep some kind of blog going.....and best of luck.
    Mona & Nelson

    ReplyDelete