Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday on Midway

The weather continues very windy with rain showers. There are times that I am stopped in my tracks while riding my bike and just have to get off and walk my bike for a stretch until the gust dies a little. It is not raining consistently but we get showers occasionally. They are heavy enough to keep the puddles full and get you wet without rain gear. The work is interesting and I am slowly figuring out what is expected. We have 2 different studies that involve collecting or marking marine debris in plots along the beach. One of these takes place weekly and one goes on every 28 days. We also have Albatross reproductive success plots that are similar to what I did on Tern Island last year. I call my home away from home Midway Village. It is an interesting community. I am looking forward to the weekend off to wash my few warm clothes and do a little more exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment